Opening Doors


Here are some links that may help you find the assistance that you need.

Action for More Independence and Dignity in Accommodation (AMIDA)

AMIDA is an independent advocacy organisation, which advocates for good housing for people with disability.

Phone: 9650 2722 


Voices Together Website

An online resource for self-advocacy groups, the government and the community to connect, work together and to share information and knowledge


Disability Advocacy Resource Unit (DARU)

DARU is unique in Australia as a dedicated resource unit funded to work with disability advocacy organisations to promote and protect the rights of people with disability.

Phone: 03 9639 5807 


Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission

We work to create a community where every person values, understands and respects human rights and equal opportunity.  Our services are – A free telephone Enquiry Line.  A free, fair and timely dispute resolution service.  Information and education about equal opportunity, racial and religious vilification and the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.  Education, training and consultancy services.

Phone: 1300 292 153

Hearing Impaired TTY: 1300 289 621


Commissioner for Residential Tenancies

The Commissioner for Residential Tenancies provides independent advice to the Victorian Government to help make renting fairer. Tell your story to help the Commissioner expose poor renting practices and gaps in Victorian tenancy law so she can advocate to Government to strengthen renters’ rights.

Phone: 1300 029 783

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the NRS. Call 133 677 or, then ask for 1300 029 783. 


Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria is a business unit of the Department of Justice and Community Safety, within the Victorian government. We are Victoria’s consumer affairs regulator. Our purpose is to help Victorians be responsible and informed businesses and consumers.

Phone: 1300 55 81 81

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the NRS.  TTY users call 133 677, then ask for 1300 55 81 81.

Speak and Listen users (speech to speech relay): call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 55 81 81 

Internet relay users: connect to the NRS via the National Relay Service Website, then ask for 1300 55 81 81


Housing Vic / Funded Housing Support

HousingVic makes it easier to find the right information about housing and housing assistance in Victoria.

This website is the source of information for current public housing tenants, potential social housing tenants and anyone wanting to know about housing in Victoria. Try the Housing Options Finder answer a few questions to see what housing options may be right for you.

Phone: 1800 825 955


Tenants Victoria

Tenants Victoria provides information, advice and legal representation to promote and protect the rights of Victorians who rent their homes. We are Victoria’s only specialist tenancy advice community legal service and have been fighting for tenants since 1974.

Phone: 03 9416 2577


Everybody’s Home

But there really are simple things our government can do to fix this. And that’s what Everybody’s Home is all about – we’re working together to call on our government to bring balance back to the system so that everybody has a place to call home.



Wellways Australia Limited is a leading not-for-profit mental health and disability support organisation. Our services span mental health, disability and community care, and reach thousands of people each year.

Phone: 1300 111 400


Uniting Kildonian

Kildonian UnitingCare is an innovative and trusted community service organisation within one of Australia’s largest welfare networks, UnitingCare Australia – an agency of the Uniting Church.  We are one of Australia’s oldest organisations dating back to 1881 – yet we are rapidly gaining a reputation for delivering some of the most proactive, innovative and relevant community services in Victoria.

Phone: 03 8401 0100 or Toll-free: 1800 002 992



CHIAV Victoria works to support the growth of community housing as the most effective and efficient means of ensuring more disadvantaged Victorians can enjoy the dignity of safe, secure and appropriate housing.

Phone: 03 9654 6077


Get Skilled Access

Get Skilled Access was founded by Dylan Alcott OAM 3 x Paralympian gold medallist and 9 x tennis grand slam champ who was tired of able-bodied people telling him and people with disability how they should live, work and shop. People and organisation think of disability as old, dusty and hidden. Get Skilled Access is changing the way organisations and governments look at disability by seeing the benefit and business opportunity by engaging 20% of Australia’s population who have a disability.


Skip to content